EARTHSHIELD is a solvent-based sealer designed to penetrate into the capillaries of earth surfaces providing the substrate with water repellent and dust-sealing effect. EARTHSHIELD penetrates into the first few millimetres of the surface providing excellent waterproof and dust sealing to the loose surface without significantly affecting the surface appearance and vapour permeability. It reduces the absorption of water or efflorescence or other water-borne staining materials, which are responsible for the bulk of the deterioration in earth building materials. Impregnation with EARTHSHIELD also prevents surface abrasion of the earth structures.
EARTHSHIELD is suitable for all types of earth structures including mud brick, pressed mud brick, straw-bale, cement-stabilised earth and rammed earth structures. It is best used for exterior walls or rendered earth structures, but can also be useful for interior walls in wet areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
The treatment will not significantly change the appearance of the earth buildings and the vapour permeability. However, a slight darkening of the surface may occur for some earth structures.
EARTHSHIELD is also suitable for other porous masonry substrates including natural stones, concrete masonry, bricks, and tiles & grout.
- Penetrates into substrate surface.
- Permanently bonds to the substrate with no peel or blister.
- UV, alkali stable and durable formulation.
- Reduces water penetration, efflorescence and water-borne staining.
- Provides dust-sealing effect and prevents surface abrasion.
- Does not significantly change the surface appearance and vapour permeability.
- Easy application and cost effective.
5L and 20L Containers
For quotes and shipping on larger quantities please email our office.
Application: Brush |Roller | Spray
Coverage: 1 – 10m2 per litre per coat depending on the permeability of the surface.
Exterior / Internal Use