TECH-DRY MUD BRICK WATER REPELLENT is a solvent-based sealer designed to penetrate into the first few millimetres of the capillaries of mud brick / earth structures and render the substrate water repellent. This water repellent zone reduces the absorption of water by up to 90%. It also reduces efflorescence or other water-borne staining materials, which are responsible for the bulk of the deterioration in earth building materials. MUD BRICK WATER REPELLENT is a non-film forming sealer, which provides long lasting protection against weathering, without peeling or blistering. The treatment will not significantly change the appearance of the substrates and the vapour permeability. However, a slight darkening of the surface may occur for some substrates.
MUD BRICK WATER REPELLENT Is also suitable as a water-repellent sealer for other substrates including stabilised earth/rammed earth, natural stones, concrete masonry, bricks, and tiles & grout.
- Penetrates into substrate surface.
- Permanently bonds to the substrate with no peel or blister.
- UV, alkali stable and durable formulation.
- Reduces water penetration, efflorescence and water-borne staining.
- Does not significantly change the surface appearance and vapour permeability.
- Easy application and cost effective.
5L and 20L Containers
For quotes and shipping on larger quantities please email our office.
Application: Brush | Roller | Spray
Coverage: 1 – 10m2 per litre per coat depending on the permeability of the surface.