TECH-DRY PLASTICURE is an innovative admixture for stabilised earth products including stabilised earth building materials, rammed earth walls containing cement or pressed concrete blocks. When PLASTICURE is incorporated into stabilised earth products, the permeability to water and the occurrence of unsightly efflorescence is virtually eliminated.
PLASTICURE may also be added into concrete pavers or other pressed concrete masonry or similar products. However, it is not recommended to be used in aerated concrete masonry or wet-mix mud brick.
- Reduced water absorption and efflorescence by over 80%.
- Product remains permanently bonded to the substrate and cannot be washed out.
- Does not leave an oily residue on the masonry substrate.
- Easy to use in any existing processes.
- The degree of water resistance can be varied by changing the rate of addition.
- Water-based technology with no hazardous material emitted during use.
5L and 20L Containers
For quotes and shipping on larger quantities please email our office.
The rate of addition depends on the specific mix design and the level of water repellency required. The usual dosage rate is approximately 0.5 litre of PLASTICURE per tonne (1000kg) of dry mix ingredients.